The Social Science Behind Cosmetic Dentistry
In an independent study in 2008, it was discovered: When respondents had been questioned, “Precisely what would you most want to further improve about your smile?” The most frequent answer was: “Brighter & Whiter Teeth”.
And when questioned, “What types of things do you think make a smile unattractive?” The most frequent replies were:
- Stained, Discolored, or Yellow Teeth
- Missing Teeth
- Teeth That are Not Straight
- Decaying Teeth & Cavities
- Gaps & Spaces in Teeth
- Unbrushed Teeth
97% of adult men and women think an attractive smile makes a person more appealing to those of the opposite sex. Three-quarters (76%) of adult men and women feel an unsightly smile can easily harm someone’s odds for career success.
Almost all Americans (99.7%) consider a smile is a vital social asset.
Good or bad, appearances count in both the business and social setting.
According to additional research by survey results in and around Irvine, many people take around 3 seconds appraising your first impression before they begin to develop a list of impressions about your:
- academic level
- job competence
- society standing
- personal ethics
Anyone can see, your smile is your most important possession.
Imagine how a new smile could change your life. You’ve become younger looking. You feel confident and you’re more attractive. Today, cosmetic dentistry is far advanced from just a few years ago and, with procedures becoming more affordable all the time, you no longer have to live with a less than stellar smile.
How do you want your smile to turn out?
Enhancing your smile can enhance your entire life. That’s why it’s so important that we collaborate with you to assure that we are on the same track before the smile makeover begins. We follow an all-inclusive game plan and believe in assembling treatment options into a plan.
What can be done:
- Make you look ten years younger
- Close up gaps in front teeth
- Fix cracked, broken or chipped teeth
- Reshape crowded or crooked teeth
- Re-contour gums to eliminate a “gummy” smile
- Adjust the length of teeth that are mismatched
- Place a bridge or dental implant
- Use all porcelain restorations to replace old “dark” dentistry
- Change how teeth come together to address malocclusion
- Whiten and brighten stained or discolored teeth
Call for a smile consultation at (949) 786-8234 or request an appointment.
Porcelain Bridges • Sleep Apnea • Bonding • Instant Orthodontic Procedure (IOP) • Dental Implants • Full and Partial Dentures
Tooth Colored Fillings • Amalgam Free Dental Care • VELscope Cancer Detection